Decided to share with you five budget friendly skincare tips with ingredients that could be in your kitchen right now.
- A Honey Face Mask: Raw honey, not the processed stuff, is a natural anti bacterial. It’s also a super quick way to get soft, beautiful skin. Once a week, try spreading about a tablespoon of raw honey on your face. Leave on for 5-10 minutes and then use warm water to gently rinse it off and pat dry.
- A replenishing lip mask: This honey treatment isn’t reserved for the face. If you’ve got dry lips combine a teaspoon of coconut oil, honey, two table spoons of sugar and a dash of lemon juice in a small bowl. Apply the mixture with a toothbrush in a circular motion to your lips. Rinse off and follow with your favourite lip balm.
- Elbow and Knee exfoliator/brightener: Cut an orange in half and rub it on your elbows and knees. Not only does it help soften up the rough patches, it acts as a lightening agent. It also smells really good.
- Full Body Scrub: Mix a 2 to 1 ratio of olive oil and sea salt to make a quick body scrub. this helps get rid of dead skin cells revealing softer, glowing skin.
- An alternative scrub, ‘The Dry Brush’: Dry brushing is a simple exfoliation process that helps to stimulate a number of organs in your body. It helps the lymphatic system, tightens skin by promoting circulation, eliminates dead skin, and can even eliminate cellulite.
Bear in mind, these natural beauty tips are not quick fixes. You need to make sure you’re getting enough hours of sleep, eating well, drinking lots of water and exercising. Remember that you get out of your body what you put in, so be sure to take care of yourself.